- Contract Type
This job provides laboratory based technical support to the business activities of the Heat Resistance and Decontamination Section of a large Microbiology Department of around 50 staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out practical work to agreed protocols and procedures within agreed time frames
- Ensure laboratory records are accurately maintained including where required equipment logs, safety records and experimental results including spreadsheets for reports
- Ensuring the smooth running of the laboratory through assisting with hygiene maintenance and media stock control within the laboratories
- Working within ISO standards to maintain records and proficiencies accordingly
Qualifications and competencies
- A level/Graduate in biological sciences or equivalent, or at least two years relevant experience
- Work accurately within specified time frames
- Computer literate
- Enthusiastic, proactive team player
- Organised approach to work and the ability to manage own time and priorities
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Enthusiastic interest in Food Science
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Join this large team with opportunities to progress in time.
Indicative Salary Range: £17000 - 19250
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Lab Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly