Information Scientist - Project Researcher
2 days left
- Contract Type
The Information Scientist helps the organisation and its clients with access to relevant, timely and accurate information using the latest formats and technologies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To participate in larger multi-faceted projects with a focus on gathering, disseminating and compiling information
- Supporting the development of new information services, including ascertaining customer needs and requirements and demonstrating these to clients, internal and external.
- Utilising strategic intelligence and information tools to be able to extract information across a range of websites including social media and proprietary databases.
- Participation in the promotion of departmental services, internal and external.
- Assisting with technical information enquiries, including large research enquiries.
- To support other areas of the information department as required.
- To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
Qualifications and competencies
- Graduate or Postgraduate level qualification(s) in Information Science accredited by CILIP, or related discipline
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Experience of extracting, summarising and presenting information in a variety of formats
- Excellent understanding and/or practical experience of database, search and information management systems
- Excellent awareness of current information science practice and use of the latest technologies in providing information in the appropriate formats.
- Excellent all-round IT skills including use of information tools
- Ideally experience of developing information-based solutions particularly in the area of situational awareness
- Ideally experience of data analytics in areas such as published research and patent information
- Ideally experience of information provision in a commercial or a membership-based organisation
- Good communicator with proven client skills
- Skilled report writing and presentation skills
This position works in a department of 10 people.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 - 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Information Scientist - Project Researcher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly