We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Supervisor to lead a quality assurance team to verify that all materials including finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
Shift Sunday - Thursday Days
- Complete audits and monitor the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes
- Complete KPI’s and monitor the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes
- Training the team to ensure that new process and procedures are adopted
- Building production team capability to improve communication and understanding of technical standards
- Investigating customer complaints or any non-conformance raised internal or externally to provide data which informs resolution
- Organises organoleptic panel to ensure consistent quality
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy.
About the company
- HND and/or experience within food manufacturing
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Basic knowledge of Weight legislation
- Computer literate
- Basic allergen awareness / practical management of allergens
- Understanding of internal audit process
- Understanding Technical KPIs
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
- GMP; Knowledge of techniques
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Basic hygiene principles
- Basic legal labelling practice
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.