5 days left
- Contract Type
Factory Manager – Bakkavor Desserts Leicester
Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00.
Flexibility will be required in order to meet the requirements of a 24/7 business
Car or Car allowance
Up to 20% Bonus
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension & Healthcare for Family
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
Bakkavor Desserts are delighted to be able to advertise an exciting opportunity for an experienced Factory Manager at our Leicester site. We are located in Leicester Forest East and have an amazing portfolio of product – cheesecakes, hot puddings and potted desserts.
Our business is going through a challenging period of growth and change. Key to rising to these challenges and to our success is our great people and we are looking for an inspirational leader to lead the factory to success. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with a proven track record of building and leading successful factory teams within a food manufacturing environment as the Site Production lead.
You will be used to operating in a complex, fast paced environment within chilled food manufacturing. The solutions to issues are not always obvious and you will be able to draw on your previous experience to work through challenges to the optimal output. You will be used to inspiring multi-functional teams at different levels and will be able to provide evidence of your advanced leadership skills.
Your accountabilities include:
- To ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in their operation and that as a minimum their area meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy & ISO18001 standard
- To ensure factory & product quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping is maintained and improved upon in line with customer COP & group standards
- Inputs, understands and translates the site objectives into a “living” Factory Operational Plan which is clearly understood and owned by their Team, cascaded and driven at all levels
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports. Responsible for the recruitment of the right calibre of people for levels below direct reports
- Utilise appropriate agreed KPIs as a basis for the development of Performance Improvement Plans within the Factory Operation and cascade these KPIs through the Factory Operational Team. Plan, organise, and measure resources to ensure that targets for production are met
- Manages the NPD process within their factory operation to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch embracing ownership from conception
- Owns training and development and performance management of individuals within their factory operation to enable progression to resource growth or to replace current roles, and to ensure that the necessary skills are in place at all levels.
- To ensure that the workforce in their factory operation is well informed on relevant business news to encourage effective cross-functional links and that all channels of communication are clear and available. Compliance and involvement in the site communication & engagement plans.
- Support and develop a culture within their factory operation where individuals feel able to challenge the status quo and encourage feedback from all levels. Support and implement change processes within their area in line with Bakkavör values
- Proactively looks at ways to improve their factory operation. A key player in delivering the agreed factory capital expenditure plans within the agreed timescales, owning project delivery for spend within the factory & driving improvement on all operational cost of sale variances
Apply for Factory Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly