Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 20 September 2019
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its five manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a HR Manager to be based in our Wembley manufacturing site whilst offering support to our Southall Manufacturing Site and Head Office near Heathrow.
As a HR Manager, you will work closely with Line Managers in matters of employment law, employee relations, resourcing, employee development and performance management to ensure that the business unit delivers the people plan. In additional you will provide guidance and support to our HR Assistant based in Southall.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be involved in the development of the Business Unit HR People Plan through everyday activities
- To understand Group and Site HR objectives and initiatives, and ensure that the day to day HR activities support them
- To work closely with Line Managers in matters of employment law, employee relations, resourcing, staff development and performance management to foster a spirit within the Business Unit which delivers the Peoples Plan
- To provide support, coaching and training to Line Managers in areas such as Recruitment and Selection, Disciplinary, Grievance and Conflict Handling, Communications, Absence Management
- Work with Line Managers to identify and then satisfy key and common Training and Development needs up to and including Middle Managers through Performance Appraisals and PDP’s
- To support the sharing of Best Practice and to facilitate smarter working through taking an active role in the Monthly HR Meetings
- To proactively resource all vacancies in line with the Recruitment policy up to and including Middle Managers
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm however on occasion there will be a requirement to work evenings, this will be by prior arrangement in line with site activity.
The ideal candidate
- HR Generalist experience is essential
- Experience of working in an FMCG is desireable
- Knowledge of HR including Employment Law and Employee Relations matters
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional team working skills
- A good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Full Driving License, ideal but not essential
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.