- Project managing through critical path processes to ensure we are following all customer and category development activities;
- Leading the feasibility meetings, ensuring that colleagues are kept informed of all activity regularly and ensuring actions are completed on time;
- Ensuring that technical and quality standards are achieved & maintained;
- Building and maintaining customer relationships: acting as the dedicated contact internally and externally;
- Developing the product development team capability through best practice & coaching to ensure maximum performance and development to their potential;
- Building strong relationships with our customers but also with internal stakeholders;
Working with our category team to identify and suggest food trends to influence concept direction
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced food manufacturer.
Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites within the UK we supply all of the food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Development Team in Selby are seeking a New Product Development Manager to join them.
Employing over 750 colleagues, Selby is a site steeped in history. We are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We’ve been serving our customers from our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product recipes for customers including Aldi, Asda, Morrisons & Tesco.
To continue our success, we need more brilliant people who are just as passionate about food as we are!
- A strong understanding of the principles and tools of product development and strategic management;
- Experience of leading and developing a team;
- Previous knowledge and experience of influencing through effective relationships with multiple stakeholders and customers;
- Project management experience;
- Confidence and ease in preparing and delivering presentations;
- Previous customer exposure with the grocery retailers managing either ambient or chilled product categories; & most importantly…a positive attitude, working with energy & pace whilst creating Great Food and aiming to exceed our customer’s expectations at every opportunity.
About the company
- An opportunity to lead and deliver projects that will shape the future direction of our Selby site;
- A position at the core of our strong, passionate and fabulous NPD team, giving you a broad view of how the business operates and working with almost every function across the company;
- A role where you can challenge and improve our processes to help leave things better than you found them;
- A role that’s varied and challenging; no day is the same;
- The excitement and satisfaction of bringing concepts to life on shelf in store.