Food Innovations, a rapidly expanding dynamic business supplying home baking products for the major supermarkets own label ranges as well as and other home baking businesses within the UK.
We are excited to be advertising for a Specification Technologist to join the Technical Team within this fast passed and highly rewarding business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technical, this is a critical role that is relied upon to ensure business compliance and product legality, which is essential for developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- To complete and manage customer specifications to ensure they are correct and updated when required
- To monitor and highlight any actions/alerts/audits that are posted on customers web portals, ensuring all tasks are actioned and closed within deadlines given
- To ensure product nutrition samples are sent within timescales to submit specifications
- To complete artwork sign off checks against business documentation to ensure artwork is legal and contains all the correct information
- Ensure food and labelling law is known and reviewed so effective communication and advice can be given to the business when required as well as
- To assist in customer or third part visits and audits
- To review, sign off and manage the raw material specifications system to ensure our raw materials all meet customer and legal requirements and are reviewed/updated within the required timeframe
- Ensure customer specific policies and Codes of Practice are communicated to all manufacturing sites as well as keeping log of their acknowledgement and compliance to the standards
- To ensure relevant approved information, for example specifications, approved artwork and QAS’s, are communicated to manufacturing sites prior to products being produced or as soon as possible after amend.
- To collect and respond to requests for information relating to raw materials
- Assist in other technical function tasks as required
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience of writing Product Specifications on Retailer Online Portals e.g. Hive, Evolve, TQC, WPP, MCreate, Aldi Evision
- Experience in artwork approval
- Experience with raw material specifications and obtaining information from suppliers
- IT literate in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of HACCP principles, nutrition information and food law legal labelling
- Excellent customer service mentality
- Excellent communicator with a strong attention to detail
Apply for Specification Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly