Product and Process Technologist
Our Client is a dynamic, international business owning both iconic branded and own label products.
Working within the Innovation & Product Development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Product Development Manager on EPD and NPD projects from concept/brief through to samples and 1st commercial production. You will be providing NPD support on production trials and working closely with the commercial, finance, operations, technical, procurement and supply chain teams. You will also be involved in supporting and assisting the Packaging Manager with packaging trials, data gathering and analysis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- NPD lead on product and packaging trials and factory process optimisation
- Recipe development (Existing and New development)
- Organising inspiration and feasibility sessions
- Managing and ordering raw materials samples
- Ensuring recipes can be scaled up in both kitchen and factory
- Preparing NPD elements of Stage Gate documents NPD representation in cross-functional meetings
- Attending industry conferences/exhibitions to support the NPD pipeline
- Shelf life studies and Analytical testing
- Micro modelling using internal system for NPD and EPD
- Managing sample requests and product library store
- Sending product samples
- Assisting NPD Managers with additional activities including product presentations and customer visits
Key Attributes you will need include:
- Significant experience working in product development, process or product implementation role
- Must have relevant experience within the Food Manufacturing
- BSc in Food Science or another relevant science degree.
- Understanding of Stage Gate and costing processes
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter. Eye for detail, ability to analyse data, making recommendations and conclusions.
- A keen problem solver with an innovative flare.
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ambitious FMCG organisation
- Global market leader
- Opportunities for energetic, innovative and forward-thinking people to join their UK operating division
Although the role is mainly based in the Manchester area, some travel will be expected as part of the wider Innovations Team to support other sites or co-packers with NPD and EPD projects.
The role attracts a salary of £24 - £27k with 25 days annual holiday (+ bank holidays), contributory pension and company bonus scheme
If this role is of interest, then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4394 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.