Are you looking for an exciting and challenging career within the food manufacturing sector? If so, please read on.
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with a fantastic food manufacturing company based in West Yorkshire. They have created a brand new position in their business for a Graduate / Trainee Planner. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work for a company that can offer full training and a clear progression plan within the Supply Chain / Planning department.
We are looking to speak to candidates who have a relevant degree, previous planning experience or someone who is looking to build a career within this sector with previous shop floor experience.
The role will be working Monday – Friday and will pay between £18,000 - £22,000 depending on your experience.
- Assisting the Planning team in creating the daily production plan with the site and measuring plan attainment and achieving high levels of service whilst also delivering the optimum production plan for site efficiencies
- Providing site teams with key metrics such as Service Levels and Inventory levels.
- Monitoring sales orders versus forecasted volume, highlighting constraints and working with the operations team to solve issues as they arise.
- Develop inventory policies with the Planning Manager ensuring that stock at risk is kept to a minimum.
- Building strong customer relationships and providing an excellent level of service
- Reviewing and improve processes where possible
- A relevant degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics would be advantageous
- Ideally, some experience of a manufacturing or production environment, but this isn’t essential
- Great organisational skills, proactive and with a logical and analytical approach
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- High degree on numeracy and accuracy
- Problem solving, challenge the status quo
If you are interested in this position and would like to find out more, please send through your most recent CV or call Richard Steele on 0131 370 9191