Fantastic opportunity for a graduate to join this brilliant team and build upon their technical experience of the food industry.
Incredibly well accredited manufacturer, importer and distributor of food products, having, over the last 50 years built an incredible network of BRC manufacturers globally.
The key responsibilities are:
- Under direction of Senior Technical Advisor provides support and guidance to ensure Food Safety and Product labelling compliance in accordance with regulations, customer and business requirements.
- Deal with all customer complaints.
- Make warehouse internal inspections as well as factory inspections when required in the UK, ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and food safety procedures are followed.
- To assist with Technical training of relevant staff ensuring full understanding of all Food Safety, quality and legal requirements.
- To assist with implementation and maintenance of the BRC accreditation.
- To assist with the management and auditing of the HACCP process.
- To carry out internal and external Supplier audits.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure that all product labels are compliant with existing legislation for own brand product labels. Ensure externally supplied products are relabelled to comply with UK standards.
- Be responsible for all stickers to relabel all products correctly according PRO. 33 Relabelling Procedure.
- To provide assist the Senior Technical Advisor with administrative support, keep and maintain Technical records.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence as required by their line manager.
- Review and amend the current H&S policy in accordance with legislation.
- Conduct risk assessments for office and warehouse and review as and when necessary.
- Fire Aid and Fire Marshall records; to ensure the right number of staff are trained and kept up-to-date.
- Check the fire signs/exits and risks are all checked and identified.
- General H&S rules are maintained and regular inspections will be conducted.
- To ensure all vehicles have the correct legal documentation.
- Forklift Licenses are current and up-to-date.
- Warehouse inspection on a monthly basis to identify risks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A BSc in Food Science or Equivalent/Similar
- Clear understanding of HACCP, BRC, H&S and ISO standards
Experience of UK Labelling compliance.
Good level of numeracy, literacy and IT fluency.
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Strong time management and organisational skills.
Ability to work independantly and with others.
Auditing Experience, either internally or externally
Competitive salary and excellent career progression