Business Development Manager
Claremont Ingredients creates and manufactures flavourings for supply to the food and beverage industries and is now one of the leading independent companies in the UK flavour industry. With BRC Grade AA+ our focus is on innovation, quality and top class customer service.
To sustain and drive further growth we are seeking to expand our sales team with an additional Business Development Manager.
Focusing primarily on beverage and sports nutrition this is an opportunity for a talented business development professional who enjoys building relationships and working with customers to identify new opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with existing customers
- Understand customer requirements and how best to meet these
- Identify areas for growth and new opportunities
- Research market and proactively generate new leads
- Develop new customer relationships and sales
- Respond to enquiries and consolidate new opportunities
- Work closely with the Claremont new product development team
The successful candidate will have an established technical background in flavours or the ingredients industry with experience in sales and/or new product development. You will have good business acumen with a passion and drive to achieve results.
Ideally with a food science or related degree we are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with good technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of the food industry. Previous experience of working with flavours would be an advantage.
You need to be organised and ambitious and able to develop and maintain long term relationships with customers. You will also need to keep up to date with emerging trends and be proactive in creating ideas for new products.
We offer a competitive salary plus car, pension and 23 days annual leave. The role is part office and part home based with regular travel to customer sites.