We are currently recruiting for a talented Operations Manager to join the senior leadership team at Saputo Dairy UK, based in Somerset. The Frome site is a significant operation within the Saputo Dairy UK group contributing circa £60m to the turnover of the cheese business.
The business itself (formerly Dairy Crest) is a subsidiary of Saputo Inc., one of the top 10 Dairy Processors in the world, and leading Cheese Manufacturer. The Saputo Dairy UK portfolio delivers annual revenue in excess of £450M Net Sales Value (NSV) with contribution from well-known brands such as Cathedral City, Davidstow, Clover, Country Life, Vitalite, Utterly Butterly and Willow in addition to retailer own brands.
It’s a great time to join us!
- We’re looking for an inspirational Operations Manager who has a real passion for FMCG manufacturing, who can demonstrate their ability to lead and operate successfully as part of a senior team to deliver exceptional results.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have excellent knowledge of modern production and packaging techniques and processes, with a solid understanding of quality and health & safety standards
- Previous experience of retailer customers and Codes of Practice (BRC etc)
- You will be a natural communicator, who can engage with all levels of the organisation and be able to develop high performing teams through coaching and mentoring
- You will be commercially astute. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Site Director, as Operations Manager of the Frome Site, you will have responsibility for the end to end manufacturing operation (cutting and packing) across 9 lines to achieve the lowest cost operating base, while championing Health & Safety, Food Safety, Product Quality and Customer Service.
- Responsibilities include setting internal and external KPIs that challenge the status quo & deliver stretch targets. Development and analysis (daily, weekly & monthly) of forecast, departmental budget and track and control expenditure with recommendations for improvement.
- A key part of your role will be managing a team of 8 direct reports and 150 colleagues on this 24/7 site, you will be responsible for leading and developing your team (through coaching and mentoring) to deliver exceptional results. Working closely with Engineering, NPD & Technical teams to sustain strong cross functional working relationships across the site and the business as a whole
- As Operations Manager, you will actively strive for best practice and sustainable process improvement through Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- You will support the Site Director in driving an open and responsive culture, improving employee engagement and any ad hoc projects.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click apply below, quoting ref MC5803 or call me Max Cable on 01485 520000for a confidential discussion.
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly