NPD Technologist / Senior Food Technologist
Senior NPD Technologist, Food Technologist, Stevenage, Hertfordshire Bedfordshire
We are recruiting for a Senior NPD Technologist on behalf of a leading food manufacturer based in the near the Stevenage, Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire area.
Reporting to the Development Manager the Senior Development Technologist is responsible for managing the technical interface and relationship with Key Accounts.
The Senior Development Technologist is responsible for developing innovative and commercially viable products, and will be responsible for driving continuous product and process improvements.
- Develop key customer relationships through a detailed understanding of their markets, products, processes and online capabilities and constraints
- Develop products for customers either from specific briefs or concept ideas
- Provide online support and development at customer's production facilities
- Drive continuous improvement in process and product
- Generate innovative products or processes and manage implementation from concept to launch
- Undertake NPD projects
- Have a sound technical knowledge of the usage of their products (processing, storage, etc.)
- Proactively research new market trends and product concepts relevant to Key Customer Accounts
- Experience in food development
- Able to build effective working relationships
- Able to manage key customer relationships
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation
- Organised, self-motivated and proactive
- Current, valid driving licence
- Able to travel to customers within the UK and abroad
- Exhibit strong team working skills, willing and able to effectively work in all areas of NPD function
- Able to work in the Pilot plant and Production with a range of equipment
- Effective Time Management and project prioritisation skills
- Experience as main project lead from concept to implementation
- Manufacturing process experience
- Ability to train and develop junior team members
- Knowledgeable and experienced in working within Lean principles
Salary: £Competitive (based on experience)
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: NPD Technologist, New Product Development Technologist, New Process Development Technologist, Specifications Technologist, Product Technologist, R&D Technician, NPD Manager, Technical Manager, Quality Manager, QA, QC, Quality Technician, Technical Assistant, Food Technologist, NPD Coordinator, Controller, FMCG, Stevenage, Letchworth, Bedford, Luton, Northampton, Enfield, Harrow, Hemel Hempstead, Southall, St Albans