This position works providing support to brewery services.
To undertake microbiological project work, report results internally and externally, support microbiological activities and, when required, lead projects. The prime focus is within the Microbiology & Assessments section, but there may be a requirement to perform tasks in other sections within the department.
- Carry out microbiology project and analyses work (65%)
- Reporting of results internally/externally (5%)
- Media and equipment preparation (20%)
- Maintain cleanliness of the Microbiology laboratory and other housekeeping activities (10%)
- Other duties within the department as required
Qualifications and competencies
- Degree or equivalent in microbiology or similar or relevant laboratory experience
- Experienced in basic microbiology techniques
- Ability to work within a team with minimal supervision and accurately follow SOPs/instructions
- Flexibility to undertake a number of tasks, able to prioritise and deliver results within given timeframe
- Accurate record keeping and reporting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Your normal hours of work will be 35 hours per week. However, you may be required to work, as needed, additional hours at the weekend and on Bank Holidays. This will be paid as overtime or can be taken as time off in lieu. This will only be after full training has been given.
- Overcome daily issues with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills to troubleshoot problems with complex equipment and methods.
- Planning skills required for short term projects
- Time management and adherence to timescales
Indicative Salary Range: £17750 - 23000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.