Health Safety and Training Manager
Health & Safety and Training Manager, South East London, Food Manufacturing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety and Training Manager based in the South East London area to working for a leading Food Manufacturer.
We are recruiting a Health & Safety and Training Manager who has demonstrable experience of working in a H&S management role within FMCG food manufacturing, and has the proven capabilities to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws and the company fulfils its mandate to prevent accidents, injuries, and work-related illness . The role will also be responsible for establishing, updating and implementing policies and procedures that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
As the HS&T manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
You will Report to the Head of Operations and will be required to work in partnership with the Technical, Production and Operations teams to ensure all safety, health and welfare complies with statutory obligations.
- Formulating policies and procedures. You should implement health and safety policy and procedures and ensure that these comply with the law.
- Training all employees in health and safety procedures
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Conduct / Organise frequent safety inspections and checks.
- Develop and enhance procedures for reporting accidents.
- Take responsibility for first aid provision in the business
- Manage emergency procedures
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is appropriate to the needs of the Company
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees.
- All H&S Reporting and KPIs
- Elect and set up H&S representative meetings as per statutory/Company requirements.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant.
- Bring to the attention of the Leadership Team any relevant new legislation.
- Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering success in a Health & Safety Management role in the food industry or similar.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: HSE Advisor, Health Safety and Environmental Advisor, HSE Adviser, Coordinator, Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Manager, Quality, Hygiene, Environmental Manager, Health and Safety Officer, Production, Manufacturer, FMCG, Operations, Training, Trainer, North, East, South, West, Central London, Essex, Kent