Jempsons is an independent company trading on the south coast. They have 5 supermarkets and 6 bakery and café units, as well as a thriving bakery wholesale business in the local area.
They are looking for a Bakery & Confectionary Controller
to oversee supply to our Supermarkets and Coffee Shops chain.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for
managing the production, finishing and distribution teams in
line with company strategy which means:
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly production planning
- Oversee the overall production & packing process for a high quality range of products
- Manage the production process with the ability to change and improve processes where possible.
- Strategise Long Term Plan for the company’s bakery production and sales growth
- Maintain and further develop an environment that is quality led, motivated and passionate about building the “Jempsons” and “Rye Bakery” Brand
- Build, maintain and promote a culture of continuous Improvement.
- Management of Raw Materials & Procurement
- Ensuring products are produced to specification and correctly aligned to all labelling standards
- Make sure that all products are produced on time and are of agreed quality
- Be a representative for Food Safety, Health & Safety & Quality and represent company standards at all times
- Ability to create, review, improve and implement NPD
- Organise scheduled maintenance of equipment
- Liase between Café Managers & Supermarket Managers for all requirements
- Work with the existing team to improve performance production and work rate. This will include full and inclusive Job Description
In time it would be expected that the candidate would ultimately be represented on the Organisational Board that runs the company.
The salary would be dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply for opportunity and to grow your career, please send
your CV and covering letter describing why you are the right
candidate for Jempson’s to:
Mr S Jempson, Managing Director, Jempson’s Ltd, Main
Street, Peasmarsh, Rye, East Sussex TN31 6YD
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01797 230214