Greggs are looking for several QA Technicians to join us at different supply sites across the country.
We have the current vacancies:
Leeds: 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday between 6.00am and 9.30pm
Clydesmill: 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday between 2.00pm and 10.00pm
Treforest: 8-hour shifts, Tuesday to Saturday. Happy to discuss shift patter at interview stage
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of food safety and quality procedures for day to day factory floor operations in a high care and low risk manufacturing environment. You will provide technical support such as; calibration of small items of equipment (e.g. weight scales and temperature probes) and monitoring the effectiveness of process controls; by assisting with the completion of routine audits. You will be required to organise product samples, as per sample plan for analytical and organoleptic testing, to ensure the safety and quality of our products and you will be required to manage customer complaints and supplier complaints as they arise. You will need to be a confident communicator and have a good knowledge of food safety legislation as the role requires you to work closely with production managers and supervisors, providing technical support where required. A highly motivated self-starter you will proactively help to identify and drive continuous improvements in standards of food safety and product quality across the site.
£10.18 per hour
- Evaluate the process controls during production and ensure they comply with agreed specifications
- Organise product samples as per sample plan for analytical testing to ensure the safety of our products, including ATP
- HACCP – maintain documentation and contribute to implementation of HACCP departmental plans
- Monitor departmental hygiene standards and ensure agreed standards are implemented
- Monitor equipment performance and control through internal calibration to ensure compliance
- Completion of taste panels / quality consistency assessments
- Organisation of routine audits and internal system audits and completion of scheduled audits as allocated
- Monitor the quality of raw materials to ensure they comply with the agreed specifications
- General support to site to raise standards in food safety and quality
- Level 3 food hygiene - essential
- Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing Change
- Results focussed
- Excellent Communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Experience of working with BRC
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful. We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to one year’s salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
To apply please either search for “Quality Assurance Technician” on the Greggs career site; www.greggsfamily.co.uk or email your CV/application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do, we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.