Full-Time 48hrs per week
Shift Patterns will be discussed at Interview Stage but will need to be fully flexible
Rate of pay: Negotiable dependant on experience
Reports to :Group operations manager
David Wood Baking is one of the leading food manufacturing companies in the UK, with over 20 years’ experience in the bakery / food business.
Our site based in flint is one of seven cutting-edge factory’s, currently producing a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery / ready meal products.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Factory Manager to join our ever growing company. Your aim “To drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes.” Based in Flint CH6 5EX you will be responsible for all aspects of this 24/7 Ready meal food site.
As Factory Manager you will oversee all 24/7 operations of the factory from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed, developing processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organise, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilise assets to produce optimal results
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Address employees’ issues or grievances
- Influence and learn from below
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Reporting to and working with the groups operations manager to develop factory standards, output and team engagement
- Proven work experience as a factory / operations manager
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills