We are on the hunt for an experienced Senior Technical manager for a dual site opportunity. You will be predominantly Northamptonshire based but will be required to visit a second site in the south of England.
As Senior Technical Manager, the purpose of your role will be to lead, inspire and motivate the Technical Teams at across the sites whilst managing and co-ordinating all of the day to day Technical Functions. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the business manufactures safe and legal products which are of a good quality, through the implementation of HACCP and QMS, working closely with manufacturing teams
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring adequate systems are in place to allow the production of safe, legal and quality products on both sites.
- Leadership and management of the Technical teams at both sites to include task and project allocation, team training, performance and development and resource management.
- Ensuring sufficient systems are in place to allow a robust Quality Management System. This includes full traceability forwards and backwards, challenged to a schedule.
- Conducting in depth analysis of all systems and product monitoring results to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Working in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) to advise on all technical systems and queries, working closely with them to resolve / prevent issues
- Ensure continuing achievement of BRC AA+ grade, M&S silver, PIU (minimum green single digit minors), and agreed grades for all other retailer audits; and actively participate in the audits.
- To work closely with the QA Manager to ensure that all day to day issues are resolved in a timely manner and that investigations are carried out to root cause, ensuring there are no repeats.
- To ensure that customer standards are effectively implemented in the factories and are updated where required in a timely manner
- To help deliver technical standards and systems that are robust and detailed
- To conduct audits where required (hygiene, GMP, fabrication, QMS etc), raising non-conformances and following up actions
- Management of material and finished product testing both internally and externally and communication of results, with timely follow up and actions following OOS issues.
- To ensure investigation of non -conformances, complaints, rejected materials and OOS test results are conducted where required, to root cause and implement robust corrective actions
- Working with the NPD and Process teams to support the right first time launch process, and ensure the safety, stability and legality of all new and existing recipes.
- To deputise for the Technical Director when required
- To carry out risk assessments where required and ensure they are maintained
- To participate in customer site visits and factory tours when required, collating and writing up visit reports and following up on any actions raised in conjunction with the systems team
- To ensure the factory is audit ready all the time, ensuring the same standards are always in place
- Supplier auditing where required at a frequency defined through thorough risk assessment, which is maintained on going, and agreed with the technical Director
- Degree in a Food Science or related discipline
- A formal up to date qualification in HACCP
- Experience in dealing with the major multiple retailers, and be familiar with their systems
- Knowledge of test methods and results interpretation
- Experience of systems and data analysis
- A strong technical background with a sound understanding of Microbiology, HACCP, QMS, BRC and other systems
- Level 3 Food Safety certificate or above
- Auditing qualification
For more information contact Bobby on 07415 411 292 or email Bobby@recruitment-wolf.co.uk