Technical Assistant Manager
This position is working with a food manufacturer in North London that also has a number of their own retail shops.
The purpose of this job is to provide an effective Technical support service to the internal business units.
- To assist in support and improvement in relation to problematic areas of process and production.
- To develop, manage and monitor site food safety through internal audits and training.
- Ensuring the production of safe, legal and best quality food, whilst meeting legislative, business, industry (working toward BRC) and maintain Salsa, any retailer standards in an operationally excellent, hygienic and pest free site.
- To deliver continuous improvement activity to achieve year on year improvement on technical and site objectives.
- To deliver effective Training in relation to Food Safety & Quality.
- To support & work with the wider hygiene, manufacturing, engineering & commercial teams to ensure effective technical management
Experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment is required for the job. Must be able to choose appropriate behaviours to adjust to different circumstances as required. Is proactive in seeking a better understanding of their ‘ripple’. Has cultural, gender, and orientation awareness and seeks to use appropriate behaviours to match this.
- Is able to focus individuals on specific tasks and behaviours by bringing a positive, encouraging and consistent behaviour.
- Is able to create a compelling story for the future as well as role model.
- To be open and truthful with, and respect of each other.
- Proactive and flexible approach with good team play
- Able to challenge technical requests
- Methodical, tenacious with an eye for detail
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively, with high sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally across the business
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to answer technical queries from customers – covers both technical and non-technical people
- Good level of accuracy
An opportunity to work as number 2 to the Food Safety Manager and develop your career.
Requires weekend working.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.