Working for a global business you will be responsible for managing and supporting the Technical Team.
- Deliver a programme of supplier visits & ensure audits are closed off and supplier standards are driven forward
- Collaborate with suppliers to drive continuous improvement through carrying out regular reviews and implementing live quality improvement plans.
- Maintain active and accurate product specifications for your area and carry out regular reviews on these with the supply base
- Co-ordinate and manage incidents related to food safety, legality and quality including decision making, investigation and follow up of actions
- Analyse and investigate supplier complaints and issues to identify the cause and solution
- Work with suppliers to implement corrective action plans to address the causes of actual and potential product non-conformity
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Ensure all new products and product improvements are launched on time from technically and ethically capable suppliers.
- Drive and support technical innovation in new products, process and equipment
- Collaborate with suppliers to manage a regular product evaluation programme
- Degree of equivalent in a food related subject
- Experience in a high care/high risk category would be ideal
- Experience of working in or with the retail sector would be advantageous.
- Experience of developing, reviewing, authorising menu and/or retail pack label copy and specifications
- Proficient with web based specification and supplier management database systems
- Experience of supplier audit/inspections and HACCP
- Experience of launching new products from a technical point of view
- Full UK driving licence