Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Our Meals site in Wigan is looking to recruit a SHE Manager. The site produces a range of fresh chilled ready meals for the major retailers, employing approximately 1200 people.
The site concentrates on 3 main core product sectors, Bowl Salads, Potato Products and Fresh Produce Ready Meals. The Meals Wigan site is set to become a Centre of Excellence for Vegetables at Bakkavor making it a very exciting time to join.
Your responsibilities as Site SHE Manager are to:
- Devise and implement site SHE strategies (in line with the overall site strategy) to enable the delivery of a proactive SHE culture across the entire site, providing a valuable competitive edge to the business through the behaviour of its people.
- Manage and lead the SHE Advisors to ensure effective performance.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment legal requirements, policies, standards, procedures are interpreted, communicated, documented and systems exist to ensure the Business Unit is compliant with current legislation and Bakkavor policy regarding SHE.
- Develop, implement, maintain, communicate and continuously improve the Health, Safety and Environment management system for the business, ensuring that all relevant paperwork and reports are completed and issued to relevant parties as required.
- Design, implement, monitor and report site SHE performance, analyse trends and develop actions plans to deliver site targets regarding SHE.
- Identification and coordination of SHE training and development for managers, enabling effective management of SHE in every respect and ensuring that key personnel involved in Health & Safety activities are competent to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement of Health & Safety and best environmental practice through the effective engagement of the workforce.
- Ensure all incidents are investigated, recorded and reported, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents. Notification of incidents to enforcement authorities as required.
- Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance / advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities / loss adjusters and that any communications are reported to the Head of Operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma level NEBOSH H&S and Environmental qualification or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a senior Health & Safety role working for an organisation with a large number of employees and with vast amounts of different equipment and machines.
- Passionate about SHE and ability to influence at a senior level and champion change / implementation at all levels.
- Strong communication skills both in terms of verbal / presentation skills and written documentation and a team player.
- Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem solving skills / personal judgement as well as policy adherence in order to make optimum business decisions.
In return you will receive a generous reward package including pension, healthcare for you and your family, company car or allowance, bonus.
Apply for SHE Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly