Health and Safety Administrator
Michael Page are working in close partnership with our Peterborough based client, in search of a skilled Health and Safety Administrator to join their existing team. Our client is a market leading food manufacturer, and looking to bolster their existing team as they enter an exciting period of growth.
Michael Page are working with our client to grow the existing team, with a passionate Health and Safety Administrator at their Peterborough site. This individual will be key in supporting the company to develop an effective health and safety culture and ensuring legal compliance to various food industry standards.
The successful Health and Safety Administrator for this Peterborough based position will need to be able to do the following:
- Monitoring and auditing H&S compliance across all parts of the site - with particular emphasis on food production areas
- Assisting with the review and development of the health and safety management system
- Identifying hazards and carrying out risk assessments, and supporting to ensure subsequent corrective actions are completed to standard
- Ensuring necessary internal and external assessments are completed on schedule - e.g. COSHH, LOLER, RIDDOR, etc
- Creating and preparing necessary documentation for the HSE department - including risk assessments and compilation of reporting and statistics
The successful candidate for the Health and Safety Administrator role will provide evidence of the following to be considered for the role:
- Experienced H&S Administrator with experience from a manufacturing environment - food manufacturing preferred but not essential
- Experience of conducting COSHH assessments - with IOSH certificate or equivalent preferred
- Excellent communication skills, to ensure H&S is effectively communicated across levels of the business - experience of delivering training would be advantageous
- An existing knowledge of current and relevant HSE legislation and compliance
- Strong organisational skills, to support general administrative assistance to the HSE department
Competitive salary and excellent opportunities for career development and progression