To ensure the legality and compliance of all products with internal and external quality and legislative requirements through a compliant QMS system
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure supplier specifications, nominated line forms, technical information and specifications are available and updated on relevant customer databases.
- Manage and implement the raw materials and finished product sensory and lab testing programme.
- Ensure any out of spec production is escalated for corrective action.
- Liaise and manage the external laboratory to ensure testing is carried out in line with industry standards.
- Create and/or proof read all product labels for factories and manage the label master file for labels printed at manufacturers sites.
- Ensure all product and technical information is accurate and up to date
- Produce monthly complaints analysis and work with Sales team to investigate and resolve.
- Monitor all lab results and complete a monthly lab analysis, investigate any out of spec results and ensure retests are carried out.
- Manage nutritional information and nutrition queries, advising the business on Target Nutritional Standards
- Food science or related degree
- Knowledge of food manufacture
- Understanding of food legislation and labelling, nutritional and legal standards.
- Understanding of complaint managements.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and controls.
- Ability to manage customer specs & systems (MICROS an advantage)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
For further information on this role please call Lesa at CPA on 0208 203 1000 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org