Interim Health and Safety Manager
Michael Page are working in close partnership with our Peterborough based client, in search of an Interim Health and Safety Manager support during a transitional period. Our client are a market leading food manufacturer, and looking to bolster their existing team as they enter an exciting period of growth.
Michael Page are working with our client find an Interim Health and Safety Manager for immediate start at their Peterborough site. They are a market leading organisation, with several sites across the UK and overseas. This individual will be key in supporting the company to develop an effective health and safety culture, and ensuring legal compliance to various food industry standards.
The Interim Health and Safety Manager for this Peterborough based position will need to be able to do the following:
- Advise on site health and safety, and food safety legislation
- Monitoring and auditing H&S compliance across all parts of the site - with particular emphasis on food production areas
- Identifying hazards and carrying out risk assessments, and ensuring subsequent corrective actions are completed to standard
- Ensuring necessary internal and external assessments are completed on schedule - e.g. COSHH, LOLER, RIDDOR, etc
- Developing and delivering training sessions, alongside the management team to create a site culture where health and safety is consistently high priority
The successful candidate for the Interim Health and Safety Manager role will provide evidence of the following to be considered for the role:
- Experienced H&S Manager with experience from food/beverage manufacturing environment - ambient, frozen and chilled food all considered
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification - with additional qualification in a food/manufacturing discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, to ensure H&S is effectively communicated across levels of the business - experience of delivering training would be advantageous
- A strong knowledge of current and relevant HSE legislation and compliance
- A self-starter who will challenge the status quo whilst employing a considered approach
Competitive day rate, plus expensive