We are on the hunt for a Spec Tech for a major food manufacturer in the Midlands.
Reporting into the Quality Systems Manager, you will have project management responsibility for specifications for retail customers to enable products to be launched on time whilst ensuring product labelling across the range of products meets food safety, quality and legal standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing, completing and maintaining branded and own label product specifications for major retail customers using specific web-based systems.
- Co-managing the artwork process, ensuring that the information on the packaging is correct and meets customers codes of practice and legal requirements.
- Checking raw material specifications for compliance with Customer’s Codes of Practice
- Attending customer pre-artwork meetings
- Supporting the product substitution process – advising the business and what substitutions can and cannot be allowed and providing the detail surrounding this.
What we need from you:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a food or food science related subject
- Minimum of a years’ experience in a similar technical role
- Experience in working within a manufacturing process development role, preferably within chilled food
- Excellent understanding of processes and development from concept approval through to launch
- Experience of working closely with individuals external to the business e.g. suppliers and customers
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office – Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Web based specification experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to a successful conclusion on time and to company standards.
Salary: Up to £30,000/a
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00
If this is of interest, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk for more information.