First Line Manager (FTC)
First Line Manager (FTC until the end of the year)
KP Snacks Teesside (Home of McCoys and Pom Bear...)
As a First Line Manager (FLM), reporting to the Production Manager you will be accountable for people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs. You will have specific responsibility for developing, managing and leading a manufacturing team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment
- Ensure compliance with everyday Quality processes
- Accept responsibility , take ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity
- Delegate, empower and motivate people to achieve goals
- Responsible for the motivation of Team Members - leading, coaching, conduct, regular monitoring and appraisals.
- Identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill & competency levels are maintained
- Responsible for recruitment of skills within your area
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong people management skills
- Experience dealing with absence, disciplinary, grievance…
- Proven track record in delivering against production and manufacturing KPIs/SLAs
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma is desirable
- Current work experience in the Food industry would be desirable
- From a lean manufacturing background also desirable
- Experience at a supervisory/leadership level
- Flexibility for shift working patterns and extended cover shifts
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Proven knowledge of setting team and individual objectives, KPIs and employee development
- Customer focused and able to meet internal/external requirements
The culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be and work together to achieve great results.
Be a part of it!