KP Snacks Hellaby (Home of KP Nuts...)
Maintenance Engineer (electrical biased) required to work as part of a friendly, welcoming and supportive team at our KP Nut factory in Hellaby, Rotherham.
The Role Summary:
We are seeking a professional and astute Multi-skilled Engineer with the ability to work on their own as well as being part of a dynamic team based in Hellaby. In this role you will provide full technical engineering support to the Production function under the leadership of the Area Engineering Manager, working as part of the wider production team. The role will operate on a 24/7 shift pattern, so flexibility of working hours is required.
The Role Responsibilities:
Assume responsibility for the mechanical and electrical integrity of equipment by carrying out the following:
- Effective planned maintenance inspections, reviewing frequencies, parts used, mean time between failure rates etc
- Recommend improvements to maintenance schedules; carry out safety checks on equipment in line with legislation and best practice
- Overhaul and repair of plant; continually monitor plant conditions, strong diagnostic/fault finding skills.
- Complete stores requisitions for parts and contract services
- Deliver a consistent and improving plant reliability through the effective management and monitoring of downtime, PPM conformance, engineering planning, use of JDE PM and elements of the engineering budget
- A proactive “can do” approach with the ability to make decisions and prioritise workloads.
- Follow IWS tools and perform in depth analysis for breakdowns and process failures
- Follow IWS principles for PPMs (Planned progressive maintenance)
- Report and present all performance matters routinely, including trends and breakdown/fault data
- Help generate and maintain compliance to SOPs/ Risk Assessments.
- Carry out work in a standardised way
- Report plant performance using appropriate company systems and ensure action on/communication of non-conformance issues
- Ensure operational key information is effectively communicated to colleagues and other shift teams; complete any relevant documentation on time and in full
- Support site services as required
- Be the Principal Engineer when on shift, responsible for Fire isolation procedures and liaising with the fire officer in the event of an emergency.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Formal electrical engineering qualification with a minimum of city and guilds/NVQ lvl3 achievement.
- Fault-finding, troubleshooting, diagnostics
- Ability to train effectively
- Knowledge of COSHH
- PUWER exposure
- IWS / Continuous improvement experience
- Lean tools/techniques
- PLC automation skills
- Training experience
- Act as the team champions of good engineering standards
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership
- Flexibility around working hours
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deliver a” right first time” service
- Developing Self and Others - actively up-skill themselves and others through training,coaching and assessment
- Ability to work effectively within a factory environment and perform under pressure
Competitive basic salary
And much more...!