Are you looking to work for a successful Food Manufacturer?
Do you have supplier approval experience?
My client is a well-established company that has built a strong reputation through a combination of tradition and innovation. Now is an excellent time to join this forward thinking business...
To lead and motivate the Raw Materials Intake QA team and Raw Material Specifications Technologists to ensure agreed standards of quality and food safety are achieved and improved upon and in addition to take a lead in generating and building a quality culture. To ensure that all raw materials used on site meet the most up to date standards set internally, by customers and by regulatory authorities, also to be involved in the right choice of raw material in NPD on site and ensure all relevant documents are kept up to date.
• Understand and apply relevant standards (HACCP, Microbiology) so that Customer and Legal requirements are achieved and maintained. Ensure food safety is soundly based on HACCP principles.
• To ensure the site technical systems are in place for obtaining and maintaining raw material specifications.
• Maintain the supplier approval process and database of supplier information including supplier audit information, requesting accreditation certificates and reports from suppliers.
• Understand and apply relevant customer, Company and legal standards to all issues relating to raw materials and packaging.
• Responsible for evaluating and ensuring allergen management is maintained on receipt of raw materials and updated where necessary
• Responsible for the evaluation of quality and food safety prior to the introduction of new raw materials and packaging.
• To develop and maintain quality systems on site that ensure the ongoing supply of raw materials and packaging of the correct quality
• To take part in internal auditing of the sites quality management system
• Deal with supplier complaints ensuring remedial action is carried out and communicated.
• To carry out visits and audits of raw material and packaging suppliers in order to approve to the relevant standard or resolve issues as they arise
• Involved in day to day investigations on raw material issues and ensure follow up of any supplier corrective actions.
• Conduct supplier visits regarding any quality issues as required.
• To ensure that the sites specifications are reviewed and documented as per procedure.
• Risk assessment of all raw materials.
• Work in conjunction with the sites procurement, raw material intake and development team to assist in information gathering as required and resolution of issues.
• Manage effective communications with internal and external customers, suppliers and production teams to ensure the Technical needs of the business are met.
• Management of site pest control across sites working with our external pest control contractor to ensure compliance at all times.
• Technical Training - Understands and identifies technically related training requirements at all levels in the business (e.g. HACCP, food hygiene etc.) to ensure that all employees are properly equipped to undertake their roles.
• People - Manage and organise the allocation of workload within the Raw Material team ensuring the correct standards are maintained and timelines are met with regard to specification management.
You will have experience working in Food Manufacturing within Technical/Quality. You will have good supplier approval/spec exposure coupled with strong communication skills.
MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please contact Sully (Sulaimaan Akhtar) on 0131 226 5060.