Salary up to £30k (dependent on experience) – 40 hour week – Company pension – holidays
Ian Mosey (Feed) Ltd is a reputable and successful family owned and operated business based at Blackdale Mill, Hovingham, near York, which manufactures and supplies animal feed across the North of England, from a purpose-built production site, using our own LGV fleet of vehicles. Our on-going success stems from our dedication to provide high quality products and excellent service to each of our customers. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner to join our team at our Blackdale Mill site.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will have responsibility for the daily planning of the production schedule, ensuring all finished product meets safety, quality and environmental specifications, in line with customer needs.
Working closely with the Raw Materials Planner, you will ensure the alignment of material requirements within manufacturing capabilities, capacity and suppliers, balancing customer requirements with operational cost efficiencies.
You will be a strong and effective communicator who will build robust relationships with the wider production team, co-ordinating production effectively via daily operational reviews, championing the sharing of information and expertise.
As Production Planner, you will provide daily/weekly/monthly analysis and metrics for production attainment; on time delivery, order fill, capacity and planning, production constraints and work-arounds, sharing with the wider team and management.
Above all, you will ensure the end customer is at the heart of all production planning and that deadlines for customer delivery and collection are met.
- Leading by Example - Communication - Teamwork
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Previous experience within a production environment/of production planning, supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- SAP experience
- Strong IT systems knowledge (advanced Excel)
- Confident communicator, written and verbal, able to form and maintain good relationships
- Analytical, planning and problem-solving skills, seeing tasks or challenges through to completion
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Process improvement or knowledge of lean manufacturing (desirable)
- SQL/Crystal reporting experience (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. If you feel you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you!