Business Planning Manager
£50,000 to £60,000
Car or Car Allowance
25 days holiday
Group Pension (including employer contributions)
First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects
Desserts Devizes is part of Bakkavor Group plc, the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. In the UK, Bakkavor has 25 factories which are grouped into four core sectors: Meals, Pizza & Bread, Salads and Desserts.
Bakkavor Desserts Devizes, is based in Wiltshire and specialises in making chilled desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies and pastries. The site employs over 550 people and is one of four factories that are part of the Bakkavor Desserts sector in the UK.
Bakkavor Desserts Devizes is looking to recruit a Business Planning Manager with responsibility for planning on site. This is a strategic role, leading a review of the existing systems and processes of demand planning, manufacturing scheduling and material planning, to implement an improvement plan which includes implementation of Bakkavor planning systems.
The site is likely to upgrade the ERP system, and the Business Planning Manager will be involved with this process to ensure a successful implementation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Continuous improvement in putting into Business strategy. Looking at how to strengthen and improve the planning systems and processes.
- Provides information for business to base long term decision on, including capacity, contingency plans.
- Implement synergies between manufacturing units / sites.
- 1-5 year planning strategy
- Understand external climate and drives joint initiatives with customers
- Managing capacity. Agreeing inventory levels. Writes delivers and implements department capital projects.
- Takes decisions which impact on customers’ profitability as well as on own business unit
What you will need
- Planning expert for a Business
- Project Management skills
- Understands chilled food manufacturing & supply chain
- Commercial awareness
- Sound financial knowledge
- Experience of managing planning teams including setting up and implementing new structures to meet business needs