Salary: up to £23,000 per annum
Closing Date: Thursday 10 October 2019
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its three manufacturing locations and five distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Developer to be based in our Head Office near Heathrow.
As a Product Developer you will be responsible for developing product in line with our customer requirements whilst ensuring targets set for cost, margin, quality and flavour are maintained.
- Development of new concepts from a customer brief to meet all expectations set
- Sample creation in line with customer specifications
- Support our customers by creating recipe sheets, costings and samples
- Ensure raw materials are ordered as per requirements
- Attend supplier meetings, presentations and factory trials
- Conduct competitor benchmarking exercises
- Provide reports, presentations or sample preparations on any trend analysis conducted
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. There may be the occasional weekend working due to customer launches however this would be agreed in advance.
The ideal candidate
- Experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate would be ideal
- Full driving license and car
- Able to work both as an individual or as part of a team
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of food
- Degree in Food &… Marketing/Nutrition/Consumer Studies / Technology or similar
- Ability to work with external and internal stakeholders with confidence
- Good level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel/Word/internet and Outlook
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £23,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
It takes a diverse team of committed individuals to achieve quality results. That’s why at Adelie we are proud of our diversity and welcome you for who you are and who you want to become. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work.