I am recruiting on behalf of an exciting food company based in Chessington.
They are looking for a Quality Technologist to join as soon as possible, could this be the role for you?
- Working within the Technical team to ensure the quality and safety of goods that enter and leave the business whilst maintaining the legal and technical foundations of the business
- To seek continuous improvements in Quality standards
- Maintain and improve Food Safety Culture within the business.
- Assisting with all aspects of Quality Assurance within the Company ensuring produces safe, legal products manufactured to the highest possible quality
- Assisting with all quality and food safety issues
- Driving Continuous Improvement and promoting Food Safety Culture within the business
- Assisting with Internal and External Non-Conformances
- Assisting with updating, amending, and issuing out all documents and quality procedures within the Document Control System
- Internal auditing
- Performing Traceability Exercises
- Carrying-out the swabbing for Allergen/Species Verification and Validation
- Assisting with Water Quality/Safety issues
- Carrying-Out Internal product and environmental testing (including water sampling)
- Monitoring of product and environmental testing results, logging and trending them
- Assisting with Shelf-life extension requests
- Carrying out and logging the temperature checks
- Downloading and Checking weight reports
- Assisting with Glass Breakages
- Placing order for the Testing Room (Lab)
- Educated to degree level (Food Technology or Food Science degree is desirable)
- HACCP and Food Hygiene (desirable)
- 1-year experience in a similar Food environment
- Passion for food
- Commitment to quality, safety, compliance and customer/supplier satisfaction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What’s on Offer?
- A salary of around £23,000 per annum
If this role could be right for you, then apply now!
If you want more information then don’t hesitate to contact Sully (Sulaimaan Akhtar), Recruitment Specialist at D R Newitt on 0131 226 5060.
This role will be filled very quickly so don’t waste any time, get your CV sent!