Are you a food lover and passionate about the industry too?
Have you got some experience with specifications and are ready for the next step of your career?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Reporting into the Quality Systems Manager, the Specification Technologist will have project management responsibility for specifications for major retail customers to enable products to be launched on time into the marketplace and ensure product labelling across the range of products meets food safety, quality and legal standards.
• Managing, completing and maintaining branded and own label product specifications for major retail customers using their web-based systems.
• Co-managing the artwork process, ensuring that the information on the packaging is correct and meets customers codes of practice and legal requirements.
• Checking raw material specifications for compliance with Customer’s Codes of Practice.
• Working with the Process Development Managerand the wider business on the formulation of Critical paths and ensuring these are adhered to.
• Attending customer pre-artwork meetings.
• Supporting the product substitution process – advising the business and what substitutions can and cannot be allowed and providing the detail surrounding this.
• Degree qualified or equivalent, in a relevant area.
• At least one years’ experience within a related technical role.
• Experience in working within a manufacturing process development role, preferably within chilled food.
• Excellent understanding of food manufacturing processes and development from concept approval through to launch.
• Ability to demonstrate on going personal development, and evidence of ensuring that they remain up to date with all advances within their field.
• Strong communication skills.
What’s on Offer?
•A salary of around £25,000-£30,000
•20 days holidays + bank holidays
If you like what you see but want to find out more then give Sully a quick call on 0131 226 5060. If you’re happy with the information and feel this could be what you’re looking for, then apply now