My Nottinghamshire based client have an exciting opportunity for a Category Buyer to join their team. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this high-profile role delivers the Supplier and Procurement Strategy through a sourcing plan within the prescribed categories, delivering cost saving initiatives to ensure we stay ahead of the competitors, with customers at the heart of what we do.
My client are the market-leader within their industry and have some ambitious plans to grow over the next three years, both UK wide and also on an international scale. There has never been a better time to join my client as they embark on an exciting journey of growth, working with market leading partners and building on 6 years of consecutive of success.
They are passionate about their product, customers and what we do, and want people with the same passion to join their team.
As Category Buyer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To promote best practice and working relations with internal stakeholders, Inc. supply chain and product portfolio teams
- To provide the link between the Supply Chain and Product Portfolio Teams
- To enhance supplier relationships and to assess current supplier base and propose/negotiate improvements
- Review current sourcing methods and suppliers to ensure value for money and ethical sourcing
- Ensure business risk is minimised through regular supplier assessment and robust contracts
- Create strong supplier relationships, market-leading innovation plans and be an 'Industry Expert' for the defined category
- Ensure good exit plan for discontinued stock
- Support Head Of Procurement to build 'Best in Class' environment
Improve overall company gross margin across defined Category, Projects and GNFR
- Overall accountability for a category spend of c. £14m
The successful candidate for the Category Buyer role based in the Nottingham area, will have strong Buying/Procurement experience within an FMCG environment and a proven track record of over achievement.
You will have global sourcing experience, highly developed influencing and negotiation techniques and be successful in developing healthy long-term supplier relationships.
The successful candidate for the role of Category Buyer will be offered a competitive package.