Shipping Assistant/Freight Forwarder
Our Midlothian based client and logistical giant are seeking a Shipping Assistant/Freight Forwarder. Working in the operations department, you will liaise with clients, providing quotes and transacting multi model operational jobs. Promoting company values always, you will be an integral operational role in the company’s growth and continued success.
- Manage the coordination and execution of all exporting air, FCL & LCL processes and subsequent documentation.
- Manage import processes – liaising with overseas agents and customs, tracking inbound deliveries, handling documentation and overseeing shipments through to final delivery.
- Proactively looking to continuously improve business processes for overall organisation growth.
- Always deliver excellent customer service, encouraging customer confidence and loyalty.
- Manage supplier and customer relations with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Work with management to strategically plan and implement operational plans.
- Operational experience within relevant industry environment.
- Working knowledge of import/export of air/ocean freight. Knowledge of documentation procedures for the such.
- Able to communicate efficiently with all levels.
- Customer service passion, able to manage relationships.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in IT literacy, MS Office and internet.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary + benefits package.
- Genuine career progression
If of interest, please get in touch with Alex Austin here or on 0131 226 5060.