3 days left
- Contract Type
Purpose of Role:
- To maintain and keep in good repair factory machinery with as little downtime as possible. You will maintain the factory equipment and control systems, responding to breakdowns, PPM`s and focussing on safety, output, product quality, cost effectiveness and preservation.
- Providing expertise in Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic control systems and ensuring safe and efficient plant operation, you will prioritise workload, develop and complete planned maintenance routines and maintain all relevant technical documentation.
- Improving safety standards in the plant and providing necessary training to Operators / setters in basic maintenance skills, you will identify faults and work safely and in line with company policies at all times.
- Follow all the Company’s Health & Safety rules and guidelines at all times
- Rectify machinery breakdowns to minimise downtime
- Undertake routine preventative maintenance tasks on schedule and maintain up-to-date maintenance records
- Assist in the installation of new machinery and implement modifications to existing machinery
- To adopt a flexible approach according to the needs and resources of the Engineering Department
- Liaise with the Production team to identify recurring problems and to train production team members to carry out basic maintenance tasks
- Liaise with external contractors / engineers
- Be proactive about identifying ways to increase machinery efficiency levels
- To undertake some general repairs and maintenance on site
- To carry out other duties that may be required
- To be involved in continuous improvement to support Company objectives
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and attributes:
- Relevant production engineering based qualification such as NVQIII / HND / HNC / BTEC / C&G or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a FMCG environment, preferably within food manufacturing
- A Food Hygiene/Health & Safety Certificate desirable, as is PLC knowledge in Siemens and Allen Bradley
- Electrical bias with 17th edition is a necessity
- British Pepper and Spice is an equal opportunities employer
- Preferably Multi-skilled Capability of using own initiative and managing workload efficiently;
- Good team player, willing to help and support others;
- Adaptable and flexible to working shifts. Ability to actively apply skills in a safe and effective manner
- Logical fault finding approach to breakdowns and be able to develop an excellent technical knowledge of the plant.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Rotating shifts : Monday to Friday: 06:00- 14:30 and 15:30 to midnight – flexibility will be required to suit business needs.
Please send CVs to email@example.com or call 07415411292
Apply for Multi-Skilled Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly