45k per annum
25 days' annual leave
We're currently looking for a Factory Technical Manager to join a successful food manufacturer, who over the last decade has built up a reputation of being experts in product safety and are highly respected within the food industry.
As Factory Technical Manager you will be responsible for upholding and influencing these high standards and keeping the extensive data records up to date. This is a key role within the business where you will be required to be highly influential across all areas of the business.
You'll ensure the right level of technical resources are in place across the site to ensure food safety, legality and quality are maintained, as well as the upkeep of all product sorting data with reports back into the Operations team.
- Upkeep of departmental KPIs, ensuring the correct ones are maintained and reported.
- Upkeep of site accreditations and customer policies. In particular the maintaining of BRC grade AA+ site status.
- Implementation & maintenance of internal site procedures & policies.
- Customer and authority visit and audit coordination.
- Driving continuous improvement
- Upkeep of all technical documentation
- Customer specification upkeep.
- Maintenance of site PC system (QC & stock data capture)
- Upkeep of quality control, and quality assurance systems
- System developments/improvement initiatives
- External analysis sample collation, testing and result checking.
- Positive release of stock
- Working with supplier assurance and business development manager on the supply chain and new project integration.
- Responsible for pest management in liaison with Pest Management Contractor
- Internal audit Coordination and completion of root cause analysis and corrective action plans
We are looking for you who is a natural people person, can communicate with all levels of the business.
Ability to work under pressure, be well organized, as well as have a good understanding of Lean methods.
You need to be computer literate, self-motivated and have technical management experience.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any question, or if you would like to apply for this fantastic opportunity.