The Purchasing Assistant role based in Feltham is to join a Leading FMCG business who are looking for someone with a knowledge of procurement to support their purchasing team on Day to Day activities.
My client is a Leading FMCG business based in Feltham who are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant in to their team.
The key responsibilities for the Purchasing Assistant role will be as follows:
- Responsible for the scheduling and arranging of meetings while ensuring all related logistics around booking of meeting rooms, planning refreshments, etc. are put in place in line with requests of the global procurement team.
- Support in taking minutes of the meeting as and when required Manage all written and verbal communication/ correspondences via telephone, email
- Support the team in the drafting, formatting and printing of relevant documents Assist by following up with Customers and Suppliers to ensure that the relevant documents have been signed and filed (Contracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements) as required
- Assist in the invoicing process for all internal / external Customers and Suppliers.
- Manages sample requests where relevant Supplier set up, where relevant Support the team in the management of price increases as directed by the global procurement team (send out documents, check markets data etc)
- Support SMS registering
- Support the team with all activities related to the WTCE project Manage outgoing post, photocopies and files appropriate documents as needed Participating in Group, Centre of Excellence or Group Procurement projects as assigned
The successful candidate for the Purchasing Assistant role based in Feltham will have the following skill set:
- GCSE Level educated
- Knowledge of procurement
- Experience within a fast paced environment
- Amiable personality with the ability to engage and build relationships
- Strong verbal and numerical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Email, Access, Excel, SharePoint)
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
The candidate is offered the chance to join a leading FMCG business where they can learn and develop their career within a well known brand.