5 days left
- Contract Type
This position would suit a graduate in food science/technology or someone with relevant experience in a similar position in the food industry.
- Be familiar with products manufactured and assess against agreed quality attributes.
- Monitor daily compliance of products & processes within the factory to ensure site and customer standards are being adhered to.
- Communicate details of any non-compliance discovered to Senior QA / Technical Manager and ensure non-compliant product/materials are controlled by implementing the QA hold system.
- QA assessment of incoming raw materials and packaging.
- QA despatch checks on finished goods.
- Routine daily auditing of process control paperwork and on-line product assessment to ensure compliance.
- Assist in investigation of customer complaints.
- Conduct taste panels & application testing of product.
- Conduct in-process analytical testing of product (viscosity, Moisture etc…)
- Carrying out internal audits.
- Filing of process control paperwork.
- Collection of Micro samples (Finished product, Raw Material, Air Plates, Swabs & Water).
- Assist in completion of QAS documents and Line displays for new products.
- Report to management any non- conformances, followed up when required with preventative and corrective actions.
- Any other duties as required by the technical department.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent IT skills
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good attention to detail
- Hands on approach
The hours would be either 6 - 2.30 pm or 8 - 4.30 pm, some flexibility would be required with hours during busy periods. Generally the current team rotate weekly.
Holidays are 25 days and 8 bank holidays
Must be flexible as shifts may change to suit the needs of the business.
Indicative Salary Range: £18000 - 21000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for QA Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly