- Ensure safe and effective running of cutters (where present), packing machines (including any labelers), date/price printing equipment, depositors, butter machines, bread feeders, bread collators and any other machinery associated with the running of a production line;
- Work quickly and accurately with correct specifications for pack size and date coding;
- Regularly monitor any machinery in use ensure it is working within acceptable limits as well as carry out basic fault finding and repairs and reporting any maintenance issues in a proactive manner to avoid production downtime;
- Keeping the equipment in optimum clean conditions and be free from labels and other “cardboard engineering”;
- Adhere to the site HACCP and GMP systems;
- Follow the correct stock rotation and ingredient ‘use by’ practises for all materials used;
- Raise concerns about product quality to the Quality Controller and/or the Line Leader, in a timely fashion;
- Ensuring activities are carried out with due regard for any hazard affecting the safety of anyone who is, or could reasonably be expected to be, in, or affected by, their area;
- Support the line leader on material usage issues;
- Carry out elements of projects as delegated by Production Manager;
- Cover of other roles when necessary, including supervision of operatives;
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 200 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
- The ability to liaise effectively with team members, team leaders and managers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible with attention todetailand have excellent organisational skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company