3 days left
- Contract Type
So, what will I be doing?
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be joining the Engineering team in an established, distinctive and ambitious food manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Forever.
You'll be an important part of the production process, responsible for the smooth operation of machinery and ensuring that production can be carried out in the most effective and efficient way. We’re on a journey, aspiring to become a truly world class Engineering team and your involvement will be integral in making it happen.
Shift Pattern: 4 on, 4 off (2 days followed by 2 nights). 12 hours shifts (with optional overtime)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out both planned preventative and reactive maintenance on machinery and plant across our site in Blagdon
- Minimising down time and fault finding on a range of machinery in a fast paced and large-scale manufacturing environment
- Assisting with root cause analysis, continuous improvement and general daily operational efficiencies
- Assisting with project work as and when required, including the introduction of new plant and equipment
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- Experience working as a Maintenance Engineer
- An appropriate Engineering qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety
- Ideally you will have worked in food manufacturing or FMCG production environments previously, however this is not absolutely necessary
- Preferably multi-skilled (mechanical/electrical)
- PLC experience would be a bonus
Why should I join the family?
At Yeo Valley we are independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UKs major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including: pension scheme, healthcare, competitive holiday allowance, cycle to work scheme, subsidised products and services and preferable rates with our partners.
Please bear in mind that our closing dates are used as a guide for when the application window is expected to close. We reserve the right to close the application window sooner than the date displayed if we can. We therefore recommend that you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!