I am now looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer for a large FMCG Manufacturing and Production company, based in King's Lynn. To apply for this position you must be Multi-Skilled with an Electrical bias. This position will be based on 12 hour shifts, and will come with great career progression opportunities.
Based in King's Lynn my client is an independent milling business which has been supplying the industry for the past 50 years. Service is at the heart of the team where over 250 employees work across five sites. The fleet of over 40 Lorries operate 24/7 ensuring feed arrives on time and in full, with a real focus on bio-security prior to delivery, on site and during departure.
With ambitious growth plans my client aims to be the UK's most efficient producer of consistent, high quality feed and to support our farming partners achieve best cost production.
The role of the Maintenance Engineer is to carry out all aspects of plant maintenance and repair to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the mills production and intake systems, in order to minimise downtime and deliver business objectives.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Proactively carry out all aspects of plant maintenance to a planned schedule, seeking solutions where abnormalities occur to prevent a negative impact on production and quality standards.
- Liaise with the mill team to address breakdowns or interruptions to production, dealing promptly with any issues and escalate where necessary in order to minimise downtime.
- Ensure all relevant maintenance records are accurately recorded to ensure legal compliance and to ensure a safe working environment.
- Liaise with other operational areas to ensure the efficient flow of information so all internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Maintain adequate engineering resource of materials and equipment, effectively liaising with suppliers to meet the needs of the department.
- Undertake any reasonable task related to the operation of the mill as required and as directed by the management team.
- Implement all Health and Safety policies and procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
As the Maintenance Engineer, the desired candidate should demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Dual Skilled Engineer with mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Qualification/Apprenticeship in a relevant field essential.
- Minimum Standard Grade level 3 or equivalent National Grade in Maths and English.
- Strong experience as an Engineer within a team-based manufacturing/production environment, working with strict guidelines and safety procedures. Experience within the food and drink sector advantageous.
- 17th or 18th edition Electrical Certificate advantageous.
Basic Salary: £37,314 Overtime: x 1.5 Additional
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Discretionary Bonus Scheme. Shift Pattern: 42 hours per week on average.
Working 4 shifts of 12 hours on a 4 on 4 off pattern.
You will be required to work both day and night shift.