Part Time Concept Technologist, Oldham
The Company is a c£160 million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brand of the major retailers. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham.
The Oldham site is a craft bakery supplying cake products and mainstream desserts mostly to Marks & Spencer. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and top tier unit cake for a variety of retailers including Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco's .
The Oldham site contributes c£120m of the total company, this is mainly made up of M & S product for their cakes, desserts and Food to Order range e.g. personal Birthday/Wedding/Celebration cakes.
The success of The Company has further been recognised over several years by its peers within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
The Company offers an environment which is a growing company characterised by retail partnering.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in NPD for a Part Time Concept Technologist experienced in cake decorating.
Key Example Duties:
- Skilled and experienced in cake decorating and able to produce to a high standard, cakes including buttercream masking, sugarpaste, decorations and piping.
- Ability to create new and innovative designs in line with customer requirements.
- Able to keep up to date with latest styles, trends and techniques in celebration style cakes and can bring these ideas to life.
- Ensure product concepts are developed to a target raw material cost.
- Source new raw materials in conjunction with the purchasing team.
- Work with the packaging team to ensure appropriate new packaging for the new concepts.
- Prepare product samples for internal meetings and customer presentations
- Proven baking and cake decorating experience
- Creative with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to use various cake decorating tools
- Planning & Organisational skills
- Passion and drive to get the job done.
- Good communication skills internal and external.
- PC knowledge required for excel and word documents.
Hours: Wednesday-Friday 8.30am-5:00pm, flexibility required
- Salary for this position is between £13k and £15k
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Specifications Technologist, Artwork Packaging Technician, Technical Assistant, QA, Quality Controller, Science Graduate, Food Sustainability Advisor, Nutritional Grad, Quality Assurance, Manchester, Bolton, Preston, Warrington, Wigan, Lancashire