I am recruiting on behalf of an exciting food company based in Hertfordshire.
They are looking for a Technical Assistant to join as soon as possible, could this be the role for you?
- Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will have full responsibility for all technical aspects of key customers which are under your remit.
- You will be responsible for managing the technical interface between the business and the relevant customers.
- You will maintain Food Safety & Quality Management systems to best practice standards, getting mature knowledge of the internal quality management systems and ensuring compliance on the day to day tasks performed.
- You will be responsible to provide required food safety and quality training to colleagues required as part of the quality team.
- Due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration with our customers, suppliers and service contractors you should be prepared to travel as required, sometimes internationally
- Audit and approve third party manufacturers to ensure they meet technical and quality requirements
- Investigating customer complaints and documenting non-conformances
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and regulatory bodies
- Ideally have a degree qualification ideally in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Sound technical background, with a minimum 3 years’ experience in the food industry in a quality / technical role
- An excellent communicator, with proven interpersonal and negotiation skills, you should be able to demonstrate experience of establishing and maintaining relationships with all levels of customers, suppliers, external contacts, colleagues etc
- A working knowledge of Quality and Food safety standards (GMP, ISO, HACCP)
What’s on Offer?
- A salary of around £25,000-£27,000 per annum
- Monday-Friday; 9:00-5:00
- 28 days holidays (including banks)
If this is of interest, please apply now or if you would like some more information, then please get in touch with Sully (Sulaimaan Akhtar) on 0131 226 5060.