Safety & Training Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
Safety & Training Manager to join the team at our Bolton and Flint Sites
Who we are:
At David Wood Foods we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from seven cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
On top of this we’re always on the look out for new and innovative ways to improve the way we do what we do best – bake.
Due to continued expansion we are now looking for a Safety and Training manager to join the teams here at the Bolton and Flint sites.
Working in conjunction with the Senior Site Team and the Group Health & Safety Manager, you will provide support and guidance in all areas of Health & Safety and Training. You will ensure that legislative compliance and best practice is met at all times. You will also be responsible for assisting with training material and programs which support the team’s concept.
Collecting data from the variety of manufacturing areas on site, conducting audits, and routine health & safety checks, so all sections/departments are meeting health & safety requirements.
Action and processing accidents and near miss reports, reporting any issues into the senior team and the Group Health & Safety Manager. Maintaining an up-to-date collection of safety data sheets and maintaining all health & safety administration. Assisting on any Health & Safety training on site for new starters and refresher courses
Within the remit of this role the Safety and Training Manager, this person will be visible on the shop floor, leading and undertaking risk assessments, championing Health and Safety throughout the business. They will be required to work alongside Senior Managers and regularly liaise with the training team. Working with all personnel they will champion Health and Safety on site and conduct innovative training sessions. The ideal candidate will come from a FMCG environment, ideally within the food (Baking) industry.
The successful candidate will:
* Must hold a NEBOSH General Certification
* Ideally hold an IOSH Certificate
* Must hold a Training qualification and have the ability to roll training out across the site
* Ensure Health and Safety compliance on site in accordance with the H&S Compliance tracker?
- Review, update and implement the companies Health and Safety procedures
- Carryout Risk Assessments and train out
- Carryout Safe Systems of Work and train out
- Provide Health and Safety Training and inductions
- Appoint safety reps and chair safety meetings
- Promote a ‘positive Health and Safety Culture’
- Undertake Accident Investigations and reporting
- Be a point of contact on the shop floor
- Carryout behavioural health and safety audits
- Keep an up to date list of: First aiders, Fire Wardens, FLT drivers, Banksman and MEWP (Mobile Elevated Working Platforms) operators
- Review actions from the Fire Risk Assessment actions
- Arrange and coordinate Fire Drills covering all shifts
- Review and implement the emergency evacuation procedures such as Fire and Ammonia
- Reviewing results from the Environmental reports such as Air and Noise monitoring
- Arrange and coordinate the Occupational Health Nurse visits and maintain the Health Surveillance Compliance tracker for all employees on site
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience and qualifications held
Apply for Safety & Training Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly