PepsiCo is looking for a Head of Engineering to join our busy manufacturing site in Coventry.
Our factory in Coventry is one of the largest Snacks facilities in Europe supplying the UK and Western Europe with a number of well known brands including Doritos, Sunbites, Wotsits, Squares and French Fries. At Lincoln we produce Quavers, Snaps and Poppables.
In this critical role you will be responsible for developing and leading the engineering and maintenance team in the execution of the site engineering strategy. The primary focus is ensuring that the site is continuously improving the availability of plant and equipment, and ensuring that we manufacture quality products in a safe and cost effective way.
The Head of Engineering is a member of the site leadership team and as such has a leadership role to perform requiring a range of leadership skills and is expected to contribute towards the wider site agenda.
This is a BIG role which will also require a passion for leading people and working cross functionally.
- Part of the site leadership team, contributing towards wider site strategy and objectives.
- Lead and implement site engineering strategy, drive improvements through Short Interval Control escalation process and use PepsiCo Engineering framework to deliver continuous improvement within core maintenance systems.
- Continually reduce unplanned and planned engineering downtime and slow running of the site’s equipment to improve availability and performance as measured by OEE.
- Provide clear and visible leadership to the engineering function to drive good governance and high standards of operation and drive forward manufacturing lean deployment at both Sites.
- Lead, manage and develop the engineering and maintenance team ensuring they have the resources, skills and support required to deliver site operational objectives.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective operating structure is in place partnering with the Site Operational leaders with supporting succession and development plans.
- Develop and deliver engineering annual budget and productivity pipeline.
- Build strategic capital plans to align with directed sourcing model and annual productivity tasks.
What we're looking for:
- Ideally educated to HND/degree level in mechanical engineering or relevant discipline.
- Proven leadership of maintenance or engineering function. Food manufacturing experience is desirable but not essential.
- Strategic thinker, with a track record of delivering performance improvements and positive behavioural changes.
- Ability to deliver result, taking others with you via strong communication and influencing skills.
- A technical professional with high level skills in presentation and influencing.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Practical executional experience in Lean thinking and application, TPM, RCA methodologies, RCM, Condition Monitoring and other world class preventative maintenance methodologies.
- Experience in strategy development/execution and driving innovation through inclusive and diverse teams.
- Track record of identifying and building technical talent.
- Previous experience with major budgetary control and development of financial plans, including productivity.
- Experience of Computer Maintenance Management System
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.