Lead Automation Engineer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Lead Controls and Automation Engineer
Location: Manchester/Wigan/Warrington Area.
Shift Pattern: Days Based Working.
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 + Pension, Bonus and Package
New Chapter are currently searching for a Lead Automation engineer who will be working with a global company based in the Manchester/Warrington area.
As a Senior Controls Engineer you will be expected to take a leading role within the projects to which you are assigned, working closely with project management to deliver high quality control solutions.
Key activities will include:
· Provide 2nd line support to the engineering shift teams in the diagnosis and resolution of complex control and instrumentation faults in a timely manner. Facilitate 3rd line support with OEMs where unable to resolve within own skillset.
· Improving the skills of Frontline engineers through regular coaching sessions and development activities.
· To support the sites continuous improvement and Capital projects agenda providing specialist technical input in and project engineer support.
· Implement and maintain a software version control and archive system in a secure manner.
· To maintain a site obsolescence register and develop plans to mitigate risks.
· To represent the site at the Control Systems Engineer Forum and take personal ownership of the development of technical and technical safety standards as agreed at the forum.
· To regularly observe and discuss equipment performance and make recommendations for activities to improve this
Key deliverables for the role are as follows:
· Implement a site fault escalation procedure to ensure that technical issues are raised with key stakeholders in a timely manner and appropriate resource applied to major breakdowns.
· Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
· Support the safety agenda through the development of plans for the implementation of Group technical safety standards at the local site.
· Manage and maintain software licenses and 3rd line support contracts and produce incorporate all contacts into a support document for the escalation procedure
· Design, develop and implement a local site SCADA / MES system in support of downtime analysis, real time performance display and energy consumption by Line / asset
· Lead the development of a site register of all controllers installed on site with links to both obsolescence register and the software archive
· Lead the development of a site register for all parameters for locally configurable devices on the installed asset base.
· Support the implementation of the change control procedure at the local site ensuring that all changes resulting in control / software amendments are reflected in the software archive with parent / grandparent version available.
· Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
· Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls.
· Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (PCs, Shift Managers Quality and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement
· Take personal accountability for personal development ensuring that the individuals own skills are developed to keep them current and competent with new equipment, software and devices.
· Exceptional control skills with the ability to interrogate, configure and develop basic software for Siemens, Allen Bradley and Omron control systems (both current and previous generations)
· Thorough knowledge of network architecture and configuration of all main standards (Ethernet, Profibus (DP / PA), Profinet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Serial interfaces (RS 232/422/485) etc
· Ability to use industry standard softeware packages (WinnCC, WinCC Flex, Step5, Step 7, Portal, RS Logix, Panel Builder etc)
· Exceptional Fault Finding Skills including knowledge of structured Fault Finding Techniques (6 Point, 1/2 Split, Substitution, I/P to O/P, Emergence Seq)
· Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application through industry standard generic components.
· Data analysis and identification of trends.
· Understanding of CI Methodologies and the associated tools (1 from Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM etc)
· Ability to read technical drawings
· Extensive knowledge and experience of the principles of operation of production equipment used within the PET Carbonated Bottling industry
· Appropriate Technical Qualification (C&G Minimum, BTEC ONC / TEC 3 or higher preferred)
· IEE 17th Edition
· Completion of a recognized Apprenticeship
· IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
· IOSH qualification (Preferred)
· Intermediate Food Hygiene
· SAP user / Superuser
Apply for Lead Automation Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly