Head of Technical
First Achieve are working in partnership with a market leading food manufacturing group who have sites throughout the UK and control & service a huge part of their market supplying both the Retail & Foodservice sectors.
Due to significant group wide investment and a necessary change in structure to support the current and ongoing growth our client now have a need for a Head of Technical for one of their key sites based in the South West of England.
The role will have full-site autonomy of the Technical function and you will report into the Group Technical Director.
This will be a Monday to Friday role but if your seasoned Food Manufacturing professional operating at this level you will know flexibility is essential.
- Accountable for effective management of the technical function, ensuring that the department structure and skills are developed to meet changing business requirements and are fit for the future
- Contribute to the development of site strategy in line with appropriate technical policies as IT and other technical solutions evolve
- Instil a 'safety first' approach within the business to maintain food and product safety at all times.
- Identify, own and develop relevant technical policies and procedures and support the cascade and implementation into group operations that ensure the business remains safe and legal at all times.
- Manage Quality Management Systems and ensure that due diligence requirements are in place and regularly audited
- Own the technical crisis management programme and develop the technical risk register to deliver best practice in compliance
- Lead on behalf of the group any product recall situations and investigations on operational related technical matters
Key Skills Required:
- A degree qualification in Food Science/technology or related discipline
- Level 4 HACCP, Food Safety and Lead Auditor qualifications
- Extensive Technical Management Experience of working in food retail or manufacturing sector at senior management level
- Track record of managing food industry quality management systems and all aspects of food legislation
- Proven record of effectively leading and managing a team
- Flexible approach and available to travel
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience in writing and embedding policy
- In-depth knowledge of food law
My client are willing to pay a basic salary circa £70k dependant of experience plus a full benefits package, details will be disclosed on application
This is a great opportunity and there certainly will be possibilities to further your career long term within this great food manufacturing group.
If you would like to apply to this role please send a copy of your most recent & up to date CV through the link on this advert, if you would like to discuss the role, who it's with, exact location of site and go through any other questions you may have please call Giuseppe Leo, Head of Food Manufacturing recruitment at First Achieve.