As a QA Manager you will be responsible to provide competent and efficient technical support and service to both internal teams and external customers to ensure that the product and service provided is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations. To coordinate and maintain the activities required to meet safety and quality standards.
- To assist and support the technical manager and site teams to achieve technical control and business plan targets
- To provide support and cover as appropriate in the absence of members of the Technical team.
- Understanding site and business performance indicators, measuring, monitoring and advising on KPIs on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Fully understand customer specifications and needs
- Agreeing standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply
- Maintain in conjunction with technical manager relevant site systems and documentation to the required standard
- Understand customer complaints. Investigate, respond and drive actions to ensure 100% customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained. Maintain and promote the QA culture through auditing, training and development of relevant staff
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product deviations are investigated as necessary
- To ensure micro analysis is carried out to schedule and collate / analyse results and act on them accordingly
- Coordinate internal audits/quality panels/GMP/hygiene audits to achieve necessary end result.
- Liaise with the group technical administrator with regards to new product launches, ensuring that the technical team have updated system paperwork in time for launch.
- Undertaking projects or ad hoc technical administration needs, as required (e.g. maintaining process sheets, collation of specific information)
- Maintain compliance with agreed customer specification requirements
- Communicate with customers on product and raw material queries to ensure agreed resolution
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The working days are from Sunday to Thursday and the working hours will be from 10pm to 6am.
The ideal candidate
- Passionate about Food!
- FMCG or Food manufacturing experience
- Excellent knowledge of CCP’s, traceability and HACCP and Allergens (Training provided)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good understanding of basic food safety and quality
- Actively works to improve the capability of others
- Is a role model, passionate and perseveres in pursuit of challenging goals
- Uses coaching techniques to help people reflect on feedback
- Involves the team in new projects and initiatives
- Talks positively about business challenges and future prospects
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £40,000 per annum
- 20 Days days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Free Lunch